The Growth Mindset
One reason individuals fail to reach their full potential is because they are unwilling to risk anything or have become comfortable remaining unaware of how their current choices may be contributing to a unfulfilling lifestyle. When you choose to remain in the dark you lose your potential for growth. It is essential to increase your awareness on how your perception impacts your behavioural, emotional, physical and psychological state. In doing this you can begin making choices based on internal motivation vs. external motivation which often leads people further away from discovering their truth. Heather helps individuals to take control of their life through developing a growth mindset, allowing each individual to discover what it would be like to reach their full potential.
Five questions to develop a growth mindset:
- What did you learn from today’s performance?
- What steps did you take to make you successful today?
- What are some different strategies you could have used?
- How did you keep going when things got tough?
- What can you learn from your opponent today?
Five feedback comments to develop a growth mindset:
- This will be a challenging concept to learn, but I believe you can master it.
- You haven’t mastered the skill yet, but you will if you choose to keep practicing the mental and physical tasks required.
- I really appreciate your effort today.
- It is essential to take risks in order to learn and develop your capacity to grow.
- Enhancing performance takes time and effort and I see daily improvements.